The mission of the Faith Community Nurses is to work with and through the Care and Wellness Committee to demonstrate God’s love by our acts of caring for the spiritual, emotional, social and physical health of our Dundee Church community.
EXAMPLES OF SERVICES OFFERED:
- Hospital and home visits as coordinated with the pastors
- Phone calls for medical explanation, consultation, and follow-up
- Education on health, illness, and prevention through blood pressure and colon cancer screening, health fairs, presentations, bulletin boards and pamphlets, and other information
- Provide or arrange for transportation to hospital or physician appointments for persons unable to find other means
- Arrangement for medical equipment donations and loans
- Provide resources as requested by congregation
- Volunteer coordination
- Advocacy for the faith community
Foot Care Clinic: Twice a month our Faith Community Nurse, Regina offers foot care (foot soak, toenail clipping...)to those who need it. Do your feet need some pampering? Contact Regina Wilson at 402-558-2330 to set up an appointment.
Blood Pressure Sunday: Every second Sunday of the month our Faith Community Nurses do free blood pressure checks in the Pastors office. For more info contact Regina at 402-558-2330.