Dates & Highlights
Dundee Presbyterian is a church with a wonderful history here in Dundee and Omaha. We take great pride in our traditions and heritage.
1901: Dundee Presbyterian Church was organized on May 6th, in a white house at 4824 Davenport. It started with 16 charter members.
1902: Services led by Dr. Joesph Lampe and Dr. Daniel Jenkins.
1915: Membership doubled from 200 to 400.
1917: Troop 42 started meeting at Dundee. (They still meet here even today)
1925: First Vacation Bible School.
1928: Dundee Presbyterian Church moved to 5312 Underwood (our current building).
1941: Education addition complete.
1946: “A Self-sustaining nursery school” began; later called pre-school.
1949: Victory service that celebrated the church paying off the building and becoming debt-free.
1950: Church membership rose to around 2,700 people.
1951: Dundee celebrated their 50 year anniversary and the church also got air conditioning.
1953: Edward Stimson became the pastor and was at Dundee until 1972.
1956: Dundee began offering 2 services, 9 am and 11 am.
1961: Mariners was formed.
1970: Dundee got a new organ that replaced the original organ from 1928.
1972: Bible Delvers class stared by Pat Berton (They still meet Sunday mornings at 10 am in the Parlor).
1977: Omaha and Southwest Iowa merge into the Missouri Valley Presbytery.
1982: Dr. Wayne Kallstrom became the church organist (He is still here today).
1984: The chapel was renovated.
1987: Dundee Spirit campaign funds first elevator and sanctuary renovation.
1989: Women’s Association became Presbyterian Women.
1992: Church membership around 1,800 people.
2001: Dundee celebrated its 100 year anniversary and started the Crescendo concert series.
2016: Dundee celebrated its 115 year anniversary.